Our convictions and doctrinal position are, ultimately, the Bible, the whole Bible, and nothing but the Bible. Therefore, no grouping of words can fully express all that might be said as to our convictions and doctrinal position. However, as a general and comprehensive combination of the principal factors for which Arctic Barnabas Ministries stands, the following expresses our STATEMENT OF FAITH:
1. THE BIBLE: The Word of God, the sixty-six books of the Old and New Testaments; verbally inspired in all parts, and therefore wholly without error as originally given by God (2 Tim.3: 16;2 Peter.1: 21).
2. THE ONE TRIUNE GOD: Existing eternally as three persons - the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit (Luke 3:22; Matt.28:19; 2 Cor.13:14).
3. THE LORD JESUS CHRIST: His pre-existence and deity (John 1:1-3), incarnation by virgin birth (John 1:14; Matt.1:18-23), sinless life (Heb.4:15), substitutionary death (2 Cor.5:21), bodily resurrection (Luke 24:36-43), ascension into heaven and present ministry (Heb.4:14-16) and coming again (Acts 1:11).
4. THE HOLY SPIRIT: His personality (John 16:7-15), deity (John 1:1-3), and His work in every believer: baptism and indwelling at the moment of regeneration (1 Cor.12:13; Rom.8:9); and filling (Eph.5:18), to empower for Christian life and service (Eph.3:16; Acts 1:8; Gal.5:22-23).
5. MAN: His direct creation in the image of God (Gen.1:26-28), his subsequent fall into sin resulting in spiritual death (Gen.3:1-24; Rom.5:12) and the necessity of the new birth for his salvation (John 3:3-5).
6. SALVATION: A complete and eternal salvation by God's grace alone, received as the gift of God through personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and His finished work (Eph.2:8-9; Tit.3:5-7;1 Peter.1:18-19).
7. THE CHURCH: One true church, the body and bride of Christ (Eph.1:22-23; 5:25-32), composed of all true believers of the present age (1 Cor.12:12-13); and the organization of its members in local churches for worship, for edification of believers and for worldwide gospel witness, each church being autonomous but cooperating in fellowship and work (Eph.4:11-16).
8. CHRISTIAN LIFE: A life of righteousness, good works and separation unto God from the evil ways of the world (Rom.12:1-2), manifested by speaking the truth (James 5:12), maintaining the sanctity of the home (Eph.5:22-6:4), settling differences between Christians in accordance with the Word of God (1 Cor.6:1-8), showing a Christ-like attitude toward all men (Rom.12:17-21), exhibiting the fruit of the Spirit (Gal.5:22-23) and maintaining a life of prayer (Eph.6:18; Phil.4:6).
9. ORDINANCES: The Christian should observe the ordinances of our Lord Jesus Christ, which are(1) baptism of believers (Matt.28:19) and (2) the communion service (1 Cor.11:23-26).
10. SATAN: His existence and personality as the great adversary of God and His people (Rev.12:1-10), his judgment (John 12:31) and final doom (Rev.20:10).
11. SECOND COMING: The personal, visible and imminent return of Christ to remove His Church from the earth (1 Thess.4:16-17) and afterward to descend with the Church to establish His millennial kingdom upon the earth (Rev.19:11-20:6).
12. FUTURE LIFE: The conscious existence of the dead (Phil.1:21-23; Luke 16:19-31), the resurrection of the body (John 5:28-29), the judgment and reward of believers (Rom.14:10-14;2 Cor.5:10), the judgment and condemnation of unbelievers (Rev.20:11-15), the eternal life of the saved (John 3:16) and the eternal punishment of the lost (Matt.25:46; Rev.20:15).